Depart Nairobi by shuttle bus for Moshi via Namanga border post. After going through the Immigration office, then proceed on to Arusha where you get a brief stopover for lunch. Later, proceed to Moshi and arrive by 4 p.m.
Overnight at the spring land hotel on B/B basis.
Breakfast and transfer to the Machame park gates where you enter the rain forest. The hike keeps you amongst the giant trees for about 4 hours. Picnic lunch en route, after which you are almost at Machame camp 3000m for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast, you climb out of the rain forest and into a moorland zone. After 5 hours hike, take picnic lunch and arrive at the Shira plateau – Shira hut at 3840m for dinner and overnight.
After spending the night at near zero degrees Celsius, rise early and head straight towards Kibo. After about 2 hours, gain altitude sharply toward Lava Tower 4570meters. Descend to Barranco camp at 3900m.
After spending a night at the Great Barranco wall, you will certainly appreciate how beautiful Kilimanjaro really is. A long hike through the Karanga Valley joins with Mweka route. Therefore, this is preferred route down the summit. Turn left up the ridge and after another hour or so, you reach Barafu hut, 4750m and you will now be at same altitude as the day before at Lava Tower.
A steep and difficult hike of about 6 hours brings you to the crater rim at Stella Point. Proceed on to reach Uhuru peak before turning back to Barafu and then Mweka camp 3100m for overnight.
After an early breakfast, a short and scenic hike back to the park gate where you get your certificate of achievement for having reached the summit. Transfer to the hotel for overnight.
After breakfast, a transfer to connect your transport vehicle back to Nairobi or at Kilimanjaro Airport for your flight home. In conclusion this is the end of 8 Days Hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro.
8 Days Hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro Price Includes:-
- 2 Nights’ shared, standard accommodation at the planet lodge in Arusha, on bed and breakfast basis (lunch and dinner can be arranged on request and at additional cost)
- Lodge accommodation includes storage facilities for excess luggage during hikes
- Return transfers between the hotel to the start / finish point of a climb
- All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping / hut fees and climbing permits.
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
- Chief guide carries a Pulse Ox meter, used to take blood-oxygen level readings of clients twice a day
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
- Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
- Staff are paid as per KINAPA guidelines
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping mat, camp chairs (no back rest), camp tables, mess tent & cutlery for meals) – not applicable on the Marangu route as all meals are served at the camps in designated dining halls
- Water for washing up daily
- Porter to carry your duffel bag, with maximum weight of 15kg / 32 lbs, from one camp to the next camp
- Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
- A comprehensive Climbing Kilimanjaro Travel Information pack
8 Days Hiking Mt. Kilimanjaro Price Excludes:-
- Flights and airport taxes
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional shared tourist shuttle airport transfers between Kilimanjaro International Airport and Arusha town
- Lodge accommodation with the Standard Package does not include dinner, but could be arranged at an additional cost
- Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US$250 to US$ 350 per hiker. Depending on the number of days and number of hikers in the group, as well as the route chosen)
- Entry visa for Tanzania (US$50 per passport holder for most nationalities / US $ 100 per visa for USA passport holders)
- Vaccination requirements. (Yellow Fever – only compulsory if you travel to Tanzania via a Yellow Fever infected country, Meningitis & Hepatitis A remains optional, but recommended)
- Optional but highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
- Standard Packages do not include Flying doctors memberships (Helicopter evacuation to Nairobi), but could be done at own arrangement.
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – you could rent some of the gear in Tanzania
– END OF THE TRIP –